This is an idea and recipe which I’ve adapted loosely from the December 2013 issue of Fine Cooking; instead of cooking the vegetables in a skillet, I opted to roast everything together and served as a side dish with our roast prime rib dinner; I will try the slow saute method next time.
Ingredients: (serves 4 to 6)
1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple syrup, 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (more to taste), kosher, salt, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 Head of cauliflower (medium), 1/2 pound of Cremini mushrooms (trimmed, halved if small, quartered if large – approximately 3 cups), 8 large cloves of garlic (peeled and halved lengthwise), 3 rosemary sprigs, 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter (optional).
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F, lined roasting pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
– Prepare the cauliflower and mushrooms; for the cauliflower, cut off the stems and leaves (discard); Cut the cauliflower into half, then slice florets and stalks into bite size, cut the florets so they have a flat side.
– Combine red wine vinegar, maple syrup and lemon juice in a small bowl, set aside.
– Toss cauliflower, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking dish.
– Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
– Remove from oven and gently stir in vinegar mixture and butter (optional). Discard the rosemary sprigs and season to taste with more lemon juice and salt (if necessary). Serve immediately.
One thought on “RECIPE: Roasted Cauliflower and Cremini Mushrooms with garlic and rosemary”
I love roasted cauliflower! Especially around the holidays 🙂